Friday, February 19, 2010

Finding My Way Back

It's funny how this title stems from a song that I am not a fan of one bit (Jaheim: Finding My Way Back).

I'll substitute a Christlike love (I'm to love her as my own body, and more importantly, as Christ loves the Church) in place of a lustful perception drawn out in the song....

While my actions (if the situation should be named) are far less severe than Tiger's, I still feel the need to bare the thorn in my side openly. My girlfriend and I have been familiar with one another for quite some time now, and we are aware of how the operates. A few weeks ago, a discussion was had that didn't even deserve a place in the argument section. I told my girlfriend to shut up. In my eyes, this is was no big deal, because that's a phrase that I use a little less often than the breaths I take (quite often). However, I've realized that everyone is not the same. While it may be a term of affection to call a homeboy "stupid" or what have you, the terms change when you're dealing with the gem which God has blessed you to know. The night of the argument, I was too proud to admit my wrong, and apologize. Admitting wrong is never a difficult thing for me to do, and she knows it, but I was so caught up in proving my point, and forcing my opinions on her that I lost sight of it. Her strong mind is a characteristic that I fall in love with every time I think of her. By forcing my views, I metaphorically spit on the very virtue that I admire in her.

For all instance in which I've disrespected you, I apologize. Anytime that I've made you feel less than a person, I apologize. I realize that relationship (and ultimately marriage) is about compromise, and I need to uphold my end of that bargain just as much as you do.

I'm sorry (not really) readers if there was no smooth talk to tickle your ears, or any game used to win her back. This is a matter of my heart, and she is a big part of it.

Rae, I love you woman, with a lot more than a lot of me. You are a reason for my smile, and I thank God that He's smiled on me enough to allow me to have known you for all these years. You're my love, and I just want to show you openly. Not for praise from anyone (no one reads my blog anyway, lol), but as a public act of apology and declaration of my love for you. I pray that you'll still have a place warm for my in your Aorta for me. I love you so much, and I am still very much in love with you. I just need you to believe that and understand that.


I love you.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment